DBD 8-11-2021: Doe

The library is named after its benefactor, Charles Franklin Doe, who in 1904 bequeathed funds for its construction. It is located in the center of the UC Berkeley campus and is adjacent to the Bancroft Library. In 1900, Emile Benard won an architectural competition for the design of the library, and the Neoclassical-style building was completed in 1911. The Doe Library houses both the undergraduate and Gardner (main) stacks collections.